Sunday, July 09, 2017

Stuff from the range

Asked a young lady her age(kids under 15 free): got a 'Why do I have to keep saying this?' look and "I'm 22."  Swear to whatever, people, she looked fourteen or fifteen.  Which has to be a pain now, but may be quite welcome in later years.

Guy who came in later, Air Force and 21, could've passed for a tall, skinny fifteen-sixteen.  Maybe should try to get them together to have kids that'll never look old.


People do lose track of time, I know; when you've already told them '15 minutes to close' and they just keep doing whatever, they haven't lost track, they just don't give a crap.  And expect the place to stay open for them.  Only a few who do this, but they're enough to really screw with your mood.


Few days ago someone had a Rock Island 1911 in .22TCM.  That sucker sounded like a .44 Mag going off, with a huge muzzle flash.  Now I kind of want one.


I love it when someone brings in a friend or relative who's never touched a gun, you help them get started, and they leave with a big smile.  Sooner or later they'll be back, and then matter of time before they've got their own.  It's wonderful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was at a gun show this weekend in Waco Texas. The spousal unit was being pleasant and asked me what kind of gun I was looking for. It got me to thinking about my "A" list and my "B" list of weapons.....
Does anyone else have lists? I mean if I could find an M1 Garand hovering around the $1000 range I would snatch that puppy up (Definitely A list) But if I found a .223 clone for $500, I don't think I would purchase it. Or a Colt 45 1911.....
Steve

Firehand said...

Oh yes. My Grail gun would be a S&W K-32 in used condition, so I could actually shoot it.

Other things are 'would be nice/very nice to have', and there's a few on that list.

0007 said...

My business partner and I want to convert a FA PPsH-43 to .22TCM, oh yeah...

Brenda - Split-Site PhD said...

interesting article...keep going

Jerry The Geek said...

I've got a Garand in good condition that I've fired 8 rounds through ... in ten years.